Thursday 21 May 2015

Post-thoughts on the May 2015 election

The election results were all the worse for being a complete surprise. I should have learned not to trust the polls. Their technology is superb, but they cannot always do what is expected of them.

I have to say that I had such low expectations of Millibubble that I feel he would have lasted one term at most. I almost prefer his brother - virtually indistiguishable policies, but a more impressive leader. If David had won, he would now be in Downing Street - but he is probably doing less damage where he is.

I was able once again to vote left of Labour (Green), safe in the certainty that I would get a LibDem local councillor and a Tory MP - both actually quite good examples of their type (Nigel Ayres and Julian Sturdy). Aside from independence, I might have voted SNP. Sturgeon is surprisingly impressive. As Henry McLeish put it, the SNP are not just a political party, they are a CAUSE. This is what Labour should be. Too bad if the cause disrupts the empire, while the empire disrupts Europe! I wonder shall we ever see a Labour Government again? Unemployment researchers will not be unemployed!

No comments:

Post a Comment